Trigger: Meeting runs too long. I just came out of an hour long “Daily Stand Up”. To their credit, they did actually stand up for the beginning of the meeting for status exchange but then sat down and talked for an hour on the tickets. Together.
- Teams start solving problem in the stand up. Rather, identify the people for it and let them do it afterwards.
- Teams start fleshing out the stories in the stand up. Rather, front load it during the sprint planning.
- This “feature creep” is also symptomatic of times when the Stories have been started without a specific Definition of Done.
- Don’t let your tasks/stories start with one mission and then morph into something else.
- Don’t spend time resizing stories. [See Sizing Do’s and Dont’s]